It is always important to keep your own appearances professional, but you should never make the mistake of neglecting the appearance of your office. The right kind of atmosphere inside of your office will make sure that your patients are not only comfortable, but successful. Have the wrong environment set up and you’ll find that patients just never seem to come back after their initial session with you. Taking care of this is easier than you might think, as long as you know a few things about creating the best atmosphere for a professional hypnotist. Read more
What To Do
Knowing how to set up your office in a way that is perfect for hypnosis sessions is vital to your success, so make sure that you:
- Keep the space clear of clutter and open. Do not cram too many things into your office just because you like the way that the pieces of furniture look. This is distracting to your clients.
- Display your certificates, diplomas, and degrees. Make sure your clients know that you are qualified for the job, this small decorating idea can do a lot to subconsciously reassure people coming to you for help.
- Have a separate entrance from the entrance to your home if you see clients there. A home office is fine, but you should have it decorated and set up so that it is obvious that this is a professional space and not just another room in your home.
What Not To Do
Even more important than knowing what to do, perhaps, is knowing what you should not be doing when it comes to your office’s appearances. Some of these might seem like no-brainers, but you would be surprised how many people make these mistakes.
- Do not hang beaded curtains in our office. A somewhat casual feel is great, but resembling a love shack from the 70s is too casual.
- Do not have estrange smelling flowers in the room. Flowers can add to appearances, but an overpowering smell can be problematic.
- Don’t burn incense or use scented oils unless the client asks for them. Again, this is something that can be too much of a good thing.
In general, the right kind of atmosphere isn’t everything, but it is a very important part of having a professional career as a hypnotist. This is what will enable you to have the biggest impact on your patients by keeping them comfortable and confident in your abilities while you use the skills that you have worked so hard to build.